Georgia High School Water Polo Association
Welcome to GAPolo.com - your official source for news and information regarding the Georgia High School Water Polo
- 5/21/13: Turbo, Kap7 & Dynamo WPC bring
an all-star clinic crew to Atlanta on August 9th - 10th expressly for the GHSWPA. Join current USA Water
Polo Mens National Team goalie (and Olympic silver medalist) Merrill Moses and his staff, selected from the best
water polo players and coaches in the country: Olympians, University & USAWP Club coaches.
This is a “Total Team” clinic. Clinicians run six different stations, each focused on a different aspect of the
game. As many as three coaches and 17 players from your team move through our stations as a unit. We’ll assign individual
players and coaches to a unit. Clinicians observe GHSWPA games at Cumming on Sunday, August 11th and debrief with
teams and coaches afterwards.
Register up until May 31st; 140 athletes
- COST: $135/athlete, or $2,025 for a team up to 17 athletes; (Coaches free but please register)
- POOL: Cumming Aquatic Center (Note
Venue rules )
- BONUS: Each player receives a free Kap7 ball and clinic t-shirt; PowerBar to provide pool-side performance
nutrition and hydration
We hope you will make plans to attend!
- 5/8/13: Summer club water polo! Blue Devil Water Polo would like to invite any high-school aged athletes
to play water polo at the West Gwinnett Aquatic Center this summer! Here are the details:
- June 3rd - July 24 Mondays and Wednesdays from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- 14 practices - No practice July 1st or 3rd
- Coaches will include Carlos Santini and Matt Roberts of Blue Devil Water Polo, as well as JR McMillan
of Spartans Water Polo throughout the summer, plus college-bound former GHSWPA standouts Jonathan Edwards
and Ty Greenberg
- Deadline to sign up is May 29th!
Costs are $98.50 payable to West Gwinnett Aquatic Center for pool time and coaching - go to the pool on the first
day of practice and pay by credit card only.
Also, $35 payable by check to "Blue Devil Water Polo" for equipment / coaches - please complete and mail the
and your $35 check to Lisa Bruce, 4137 Little Leaf Ct, Norcross, GA 30092.
Hope you will join us! -- Lisa Bruce, Blue Devil Water Polo
- 5/6/13: Pictures, courtesy of Rick Ullrich, of the three GHSWPA teams from 2013 USWP Southeast Zone Junior Olympic Qualifying Tournament at The St.
Andrews School in Boca Raton, FL:
GHSWPA U-18 Girls Team, 2013 USWP Southeast Junior Olympic Qualifier
GHSWPA U-16 Boys Team, 2013 USWP Southeast Junior Olympic Qualifier
- 5/5/13: U-18 Boys Recap, from the 2013 USWP Southeast Zone Junior Olympic Qualifying Tournament:
The GHSWPA U-18 Boys team played Gulliver in the first game. The teams played a very tight 1st half with Gulliver leading
4-3 at the half. In the third quarter, Gulliver scored a couple of quick goals to increase their lead. GHSWPA closed the
gap bul ultimately lost 9-5.
In the second game, the U-18 boys played South Florida, comprised mostly of players from the Florida HS State Championship
team. It was a very physical game. The boys competed hard until the end, but lost 14-2.
On Sunday, GHSWPA U-18 played Raider and jumped out to an early lead. The team used its speed to gain an advantage and won 9-4.
The U-18 team had a one game break and then played the Scots U-16 team in an exhibition match. The team struggled early and
fell behind 3-0. The team closed the gap and brought it to 5-4. The Scots team took advantage of some opportunities at
the beginning of the 4th period and won 10-6.
GHSWPA U-18 Boys Team, 2013 USWP Southeast Junior Olympic Qualifier
"I was very proud of the effort that the kids showed throughout the weekend. I would like to thank the parents for
allowing their boys to participate, Mike Scott for taking the lead on the travel arrangements, Donni Sadaka and Debra
Cohen for the t-shirts and the boys for making my job easy."
"Overall, the U-18 Boys Team earned respect for our play and how we carried ourselves. I think the boys learned what
they need to work on to improve as individuals. The team had a very positive experience and I hope they will want
to return next year." - Coach Tim
- 3/21/13: Want to take a look back at 2012 or another past season? Check out the archives.
- 3/16/13: The 2013 GHSWPA Spring Meeting was held with
a full agenda of items covered. In case you weren't able to make it, or if you are curious as to what was covered and decided, please review
the meeting minutes.
Have news to share? Submit it now...