Georgia High School Water Polo Association
Welcome to GAPolo.com - your official source for news and information regarding the Georgia High School Water Polo
- 8/20/14: GHSWPA Action Photo of the Week:
Ryan Silk of North Springs takes a shot against Collins Hill A on Sunday, 8/17 at the Cumming Aquatic Center
- 8/19/14: Seventy GHSWPA athletes spent the weekend of August 15-17, 2014 at the Turbo/Kap7 Clinic, hosted by
Atlanta Dynamo Water Polo. Head clinician and Olympic gold medalist Bradley Schumacher brought a great staff with him
including Justin Johnson (NCAA champion UCLA, Head Coach SET WPC / El Toro, CA High School), Russ Sinclair (UCSB,
Director Corona Del Mar CA High School and Club), Johnathan Hewko (NCAA Champion USC, Head Coach SET WPC CA, KAP7)
and Atlanta's own Katie Larson (Pace Academy, UMASS, Head Coach University of Florida). Thirteen hours of time in
the water during the clinic paid immediate rewards for those who played Sunday afternoon games.
Athletes and Coaches at the 2014 K7 Atlanta Skills and Drills Clinic, hosted by Atlanta Dynamo Water Polo, pause for a photo
- 8/18/14: Game scores and updated league
standings through August 17th have been posted.
- 8/17/14: Dalton Water Polo began its 2014 season this past weekend:
Coverage per the The Dalton Daily Citizen
- 8/14/14: The GHSWPA defending champion Blue Devil A team finished their first full week at 1 - 1, winning
against North Springs A over the weekend in Cumming and then losing
Thursday afternoon to SPX A, 9 – 7, at Wesleyan.
The strong SPX A team, lead by senior Perry Brandes, jumped out to an early 4 - 1 lead in the first quarter. And
although Blue Devil A closed the gap to 9 - 7, they never got closer than 2 goals. Blue Devil's scoring was lead by
senior Ricky Wilson with 3 goals, 2 of which were scored from half pool. Senior Blake Ryland had 2 goals, and juniors
Eric Strickland and Ben Gross, each had a single goal to round out scoring. Blue Devil A's next game is Sunday 8/17,
12-noon verses GAC at the Cumming Aquatic Center.
- 8/13/14: GHSWPA Action Photo of the Week:
Blue Devil A's Ricky Wilson (senior) in action against North Springs A on August 10th at the Cumming Aquatic Center
- 8/12/14: All results have been reported and posted for the week of
- 8/11/14: Reminder: The GaPolo.com website will once again be posting a "GHSWPA Action Photo
of the Week" each week during the 2014 season. If you take an action photo during the 2014 season that you would like
considered, please submit that photo to the GaPolo.com website. Then, watch our homepage
and social media feeds for which photo is chosen each week!
- 8/11/14: A quick schedule reminder from Atlanta Dynamo
Water Polo for those participating in the 2014 K7 Atlanta Skills and Drills Clinic this coming weekend at
the Cumming Aquatic Center:
- Friday: 5:00PM – 5:30PM Registration, 5:30PM – 8:45PM Pool
- Saturday: 9:00AM – 4:00PM, Bring your own Lunch and Snacks
- Sunday: 9:00AM – 3:00PM, Bring your own Lunch and Snacks
And, make sure you bring physical proof of your current American Water Polo or US Water Polo membership with you to
Registration. This is required in order for you to be able to participate.
If you have any questions regarding the clinic, please contact the clinic Directors.
- 8/7/14: The 2014 GHSWPA Season opens tomorrow morning! The first games will be played at the
Cumming Aquatic Center beginning at 7:45a. The weekend will also feature a
Referee Clinic, hosted by American Water Polo. Please refer to the 2014 league schedule
for details. Good luck to all!
Reminder: Don't forget to submit your scores to the GaPolo.com website after your
- 8/6/14: If you are new to the game of water polo or are interested in improving your individual skills,
check out our Instructional Aids page. These resources are great for athletes,
parents and fans to better understand the game overall and how it should be played.
- 8/5/14: New forms have been added to the League Rules page and are now available
for league use. The new forms include the 2014 Team Roster Form, the Player Registration Form, and the Medical
Note that initial 2014 Team Roster Forms
are due by Friday, August 8th for the fall season.
- 8/5/14: GHSWPA Action Photo of the Week:
Posing for a team photo after the 2014 Collins Hill Eagles Alumni Game
Have news to share? Submit it now...