Georgia High School Water Polo Association
Welcome to GAPolo.com - your official source for news and information regarding the Georgia High School Water Polo
Association (GHSWPA). Please use hashtag #GAPolo on social media.
- 9/20/17: GHSWPA Action Quad-Photos of the Week: [submit other action photos]
Charlie Milliron shoots and scores for Wildcats B vs Wesleyan;
Photo credit: Carol Milliron
Jack Olson on the attack for GAC;
Photo credit: Shari Wright
Norcross goalie Jack Einig prepares to block a shot attempt;
Photo credit: Erin E. Carton
Nate Brinkman of Norcross tries to show no-foul while battling
with Lakeside; Photo credit: Erin E. Carton
- 9/19/17: Game scores and updated league
standings through September 17th have been posted.
- 9/15/17: The GHSWPA is selling one shirt-design for all the three of our 2017 championship tournaments, with
all GHSWPA teams listed on the back! We have short-sleeve and long-sleeve t-shirt options, as well as the very popular
hoodie-sweatshirt. Pre-orders are due no later than September 21st. Please submit your pre-order through your team rep by
the 21st. We will also have some apparel for sale at our championship tournaments for cash only while supplies last.
- 9/13/17: GHSWPA Action Photo of the Week: [submit other action photos]
Matthew Hargrove (Southern Crescent) shoots against APS Knights A goalie, Sebastian Gers-Escandon;
Southern Crescent edged out the Knights with a final score of 11 - 8; Photo credit: Brian Schermerhorn
- 9/12/17: Game scores and updated league
standings through September 10th have been posted.
- 9/10/17: Camp Registration for the
2017-2018 USA Water Polo Olympic Development Program is now open. The Southeastern Zone, Atlanta-area's boys and girls
camp will be October 28th and 29th at Dynamo.
The Olympic Development Program exists to identify and prepare athletes to represent USAWP in international
competition; while exposing, educating, engaging and developing all USAWP athletes, coaches and referees to the
vision of our Men's and Women's Senior National Team Coaches. The goal is to identify and develop athletes at the
USAWP club level and then integrate them into national team pipeline via the Olympic Development Program.
- 9/8/17: GHSWPA Action Co-Photos of the Week: [submit other action photos]
Brian Kent (Wildcats) defends against Norcross at the 2017 PowerBar Cup; Photo credit: Jeff Kent
Daniel Restrepo (Wildcats) scores against Norcross A on Tuesday, September 5th at
Pace; Wildcats A won the contest 10 - 5; Photo credit: Jeff Kent
- 9/7/17: Congratulations to the student-athletes from Georgia named as a
2016-17 American Water Polo Scholar Athlete!. In order to be named, student-athletes must meet the following
- Student-athlete must have at least a 3.20 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) or 87/100
- Athletes must have played in an AWP event, league (like the GHSWPA) or tournament
- Athletes of any age are eligible
Each year, GHSWPA teams are encouraged to submit their eligible student-athletes for recognition. The deadline to
submit nominations this year was June 30th, 2017.
Congratulations and keep up the good work!
Have news to share? Submit it now...