Georgia High School Water Polo Association
Welcome to GAPolo.com - your official source for news and information regarding the Georgia High School Water Polo
Association (GHSWPA). Please use hashtag #GAPolo on social media.
- 9/30/16: Congratulations to the 2016 GHSWPA Division 1/2/Girls Champions!
And congratulations to the 2016 GHSWPA Division 3 Group Champions!
- Division 1: SPX Golden Lions A
- Division 2: Wildcats A
- Girls: Collins Hill Eagles
- Division 3, Group East: Norcross Blue Devils B
- Division 3, Group West: Wildcats B
- 9/30/16: Didn't get your t-shirt or sweatshirt order submitted by the team-order deadline? No problem! Bring some cash
with you to a 2016 championship and buy your item onsite. However, supplies are very limited, so early purchases are
encouraged. Exact change is always appreciated.
Co-Ed State Championship Design
Girls State Championship Design
- 9/29/16: Reminder: Admission pricing is $5 for the D3 & Girls Championships
this coming weekend. Also, admimission to the State Championship on October
8th / 9th is $10 per day, or preorder $15 wristbands for the weekend. Correct change is appreciated!
- 9/29/16: Thank you to our 2016 banner sponsors! Each banner will be hung at its respective 2016 GHSWPA
championship event, and, if a specific team is associated with a banner, that team gets to take their banner as a 2016
Interested in learning more about our banner sponsorship opportunities? Please reach out to your team rep or to any GHSWPA
- 9/28/16: The brackets, seedings and game schedules for this weekend's
2016 GHSWPA Division 3 and Girls State Championships are now available. Real-time
game results will be posted within each bracket throughout each tournament. Good luck to all participants!
- 9/27/16: Game scores and updated league
standings through September 25th have been posted.
- 9/27/16: GHSWPA Action Quint-Photos of the Week: [submit other action photos]
Collins Hill senior Katie Torrez defending
Lakeside goalie Max Ware anticipating
Photo credit: Bruno Cardot
Lakeside center Phillip Li scoring
Photo credit: Bruno Cardot
- 9/26/16: Reminder: Are you interested in renting a table at an upcoming 2016 GHSWPA Championship Tournament, including
the Division 3, Girls or Co-Ed Championship events? The fee per tournament is $200, and payment is due to our league Treasurer
by October 7th. Please contact your team rep to get started!
- 9/25/16: Reminder: Camp Registration for the 2016-2017 USA
Water Polo Olympic Development Program is now open. The Southeastern Zone, Atlanta-area's boys and girls camps will be
on Sunday, October 16th, 2016.
The Olympic Development Program exists to identify and prepare athletes to represent USAWP in international
competition; while exposing, educating, engaging and developing all USAWP athletes, coaches and referees to the
vision of our Men's and Women's Senior National Team Coaches. The goal is to identify and develop athletes at the
USAWP club level and then integrate them into national team pipeline via the Olympic Development Program.
- 9/24/16: We are thrilled to have had 26 athletes participate in our
middle-school exhibition game! Thank you to all those who participated, their parents, and to our generous coaches and
administrators for organizing the successful event. We look forward to seeing you in the GHSWPA in the future!
Pre-game instruction w/ Coach Tim
Working as a team
The athletes with their volunteer coaches
- 9/23/16: All middle-school players are welcome to attend a middle-school scrimmage that will
take place on Saturday, 9/24 at Dynamo, at 6:15p. This game will be a
great opportunity for athletes of the same age to experience water polo in a game against their peers.
If an athlete is not affiliated with the GHSWPA already, there will be a $5 charge for insurance coverage. We
will collect cash on site and last minute attendees may register the day of the event. All players should show
up at 5:45p in order to be divided in to teams and to confirm registration.
Look for Tim Watson, the Southern Crescent coach, on deck before the game in order to partcipate.
- 9/21/16: GHSWPA Action Co-Photos of the Week: [submit other action photos]
Have news to share? Submit it now...